Dec 18, 2011

un amour fou

Photobucket


For those of you who know me it's quite obvious why the Yves in "Yves And I" refer to the designer Yves Saint Laurent. But for the rest, here we go! My two sweet grandmothers both owned Yves Saint Laurent perfumes and make up, and ever since I could reach up to the bathroom sink, I've stolen a few drops from time to time. I remember they had Champagne (now Yvresse, I would do anything for the original perfume..) and Rive Gauche, when I was 12 I bought my first Rive Gauche and afterwards became interested in getting to know all about Yves Saint Laurent and his fashion. Un amour fou from the very beginning. I was drawn by the incredible YSL-univers and his way of dressing women, he was a powerfull designer with such a fragile soul. 

Last year I saw the Yves Saint Laurent retroperspective exhibition at Petit Palais in Paris with 300 of his haute couture and prêt à porter pieces. At one point I had tears in my eyes, I was so overwhelmed by the whole thing, you could feel his melancholy spirit when you walked through the different collections and eras. 

Anyways it was actually a good friend of mine who suggested the name and I instantly thought it was the perfect name, since Saint Laurent is such a big inspiration to me. My previous blogs have been messy and kind of all over the place, with this one I want to keep it simple - less is more right!

Alors maintenant I'm going to make myself a big bowl of coffee noir, find some kleenex and watch L'Amour Fou again. I will leave you with this sweet interview with a very young Saint Laurent. 


No comments:

Post a Comment